Increase efficiency, security, flexibility and collaboration.
Provides the pathway to cloud migration.
Learn what the Cloud is, why the Cloud is important to your business, the difference between areas of Cloud application development (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), the difference between Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud, and more.
A key step in the NewportGlobal guided journey to the Cloud is Assessment – where our team will help you determine if your application is a good fit for the Cloud, define the benefits, develop a Cloud adoption strategy and create a Proof-of-Concept.
NewportGlobal will support the development and/or migration of your applications to the Cloud through our Extended Development Center, an extension of your in-house IT team.
- Take advantage of NewportGlobal's best practices and proven methodologies
- Speed time to market and reduce development cost with NewportGlobal's reusable components and readymade cloud framework
- Augment your in-house staff with NewportGlobal's expert talent and skills, removing the need for new talent acquisition
- Leverage NewportGlobal's development expertise to differentiate yourself with more innovative functionality
Cloud Application Development
Accelerate your Ascent to the Cloud ™
Microsoft Azure helps developers build, host and scale web applications through Microsoft datacenters. Microsoft Azure provides on-demand compute and storage, SQL Azure a cloud-based relational database service, and Microsoft Azure AppFabric, for developing, deploying and managing applications in the cloud. Microsoft Azure supports Microsoft programming language - .NET as well as non-Microsoft languages such as PHP, Java and Ruby on Rails. It also supports popular standards and protocols including SOAP, REST, XML. To build applications and services on Microsoft Azure, developers can use their existing Microsoft Visual Studio expertise. Microsoft Azure is a flexible platform that integrates with your existing on-premises environment. In essence, Microsoft Azure lets you focus on your application, not the infrastructure.
Is Microsoft Azure right for you?
- Is your IT infrastructure flexible and agile enough to adjust to frequently changing demands?
- How effective is your disaster recovery solution?
- Do you plan on making IT cost reductions while maintaining or increasing service levels?
- Does your IT infrastructure provide a strategic foundation to help make your company more competitive?
Microsoft Azure benefits include:
- Bring ideas to market faster and more cost effectively.
- Reduce the effort and costs of IT management.
- Instantly scale up or down to meet the changing demands of your business while paying only for the services you use.
- Reduce ongoing operational costs and capital expenditures on hardware, software licenses, and implementation services.
- Provide access from virtually anywhere, using any PC, mobile device, or browser.
- Benefit from fast disaster recovery and data backup protection.
As early adopter of Cloud Systems Integration, NewportGlobal has helped its clients) in developing new custom applications for the Cloud and migrating existing applications to the Cloud.
- Migration of a .NET application to Microsoft Azure for a CA based eDiscovery company in four months timeframe
- New Application Development using Windows and SQL Azure for creating a reference architecture tool for a fortune 500 client [Sponsored by Microsoft]
You can benefit from Microsoft Azure in the following scenarios:
- When building a single-tenant or multi-talent SaaS application
- For startups looking to build a Web 2.0 application
- Enterprises can build a new software application (either customer facing or internal usage) on Microsoft Azure and SQL Azure (instead of Windows Server and SQL Server)
- ISVs or enterprises can use SQL Azure platform storage
- Enterprises that use Microsoft Azure to run their own line-of-business, batch processing or large-volume computations.
Migrate Any Workload (or Server) from Anywhere to Azure!
VM, Server, or Application-Based Migration
NewportGlobal’s Cloud Migration Services can move you from wherever you are and whatever you’re using to the industry-leading, standards-based, totally reliable Azure platform with as close to zero operational disruption as possible.
No matter if you’re moving virtual machines, physical-to-virtual, or individual applications, NewportGlobal will perform all the necessary re-architecting, re-packaging, data and image transform necessary to have you up and running quickly on Microsoft Azure.
Our Azure Migration Methodology:
- NewportGlobal will assess, analyze and identify consistency groups, definite a data transfer strategy, and align an SLA
- Next, we setup a your Azure Environment, including VPN and Active Directory
- The migration is handled using tools to reduce downtime and optimize for Cloud
- Testing is performed to ensure all functionality is in place
- We cutover from source to destination, and you are now live on Azure!